*Now Closed for entries – The 2022 Charles Causley International Poetry Competition, with Head Judge Seán Hewitt
We are delighted to announce that the 2022 Charles Causley International Poetry Competition is now open for entries! Enter online by following the links below.
We are thrilled that this year’s Head Judge will be award-winning writer Seán Hewitt.
If you are unable to enter online, you can enter by post, though this year we are encouraging a paperless entry process contributing to our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint and find ways of making our activities more sustainable.
Please make sure that you read the Rules of Entry carefully before entering.
The closing date for the competition is midnight on Sunday 1st January 2023 and the winners will be announced in April/May 2023.
- The first prize winner will receive £2,000 plus a one week writing residency at Cyprus Well, Charles Causley’s former home in Launceston.
- The second prize winner will receive £250
- The third prize winner will receive £100.
Guidelines for poems
* Poems have a maximum limit of 40 lines but no minimum.
* The title is not included in the line count, nor are the lines between stanzas.
* Titles, epigraphs and dedications are also not counted as lines.
* The poem/s may be on any subject.
* PLEASE ADD A LINE TOTAL IN THE HEADER OF EACH POEM ENTERED.
As already mentioned, we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and finding ways of making our activities more sustainable. We urge those entering our competition to do so online as follows:
- Click the link below to access our submissions portal.
- Upload your formatted entry and submit. Please read our guidelines for formatting prior to your upload to check you are using the right spacing and page size.
If you need to enter by post, please pay attention to the important notes below:
- All postal entries must be accompanied by a completed Postal Entry Form.
- All postal submissions must include the appropriate fee (cheque or postal order in £ sterling). Please refer to our rules for entry for specifics around paying through cheque.
- We require 2 x copies of each poem submitted for postal entries.
- Entries must be received by midnight on 1st January 2023 (not posted by 1st January 2023).
Postal entries must be addressed as follows:
The Charles Causley International Poetry Competition
2, Cyprus Well
Payment for entering our competition should be made through Paypal. Please see our Rules of Entry document attached for further information about how to pay, how to submit your poems and our terms and conditions.