The human imagination is our most powerful innate resource. We are born with an imagination that can be used to help or hinder us during our lives.
Most of us don ‘t even realise that we can utilise the imagination to improve our life and health and live more positively, day to day, yet we use it all the time, in everything that we do.
During difficult and challenging times, we can imagine things going wrong all the time, and this can lead to stress, anxiety, depression, and poor health. This worry is a misuse of imagination.
What if you could learn to use your imagination differently, to ease stress, reduce anxiety, improve mood, and boost your immune system?
Writing uses the part of the brain that enables us to problem solve, and creatively work through the things that challenge us in life.
During this group you will explore ways to use writing that can help you to:
- Use your imagination in positive ways to reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood and health
- Reflect on your essential needs and how to get them met effectively
- Feel better about yourself, your life, and your future
- Consistently use your imagination, in your daily life, to stop worrying and start living well
- Consider ways to get calm, reduce stress/anxiety, boost mood, and improve general health
This is for you if you:
- Want to meet new people in a creative environment
- Want to use writing to express the things that are going on in your life
- Want to use creativity to improve mood, anxiety, stress, chronic pain, fatigue, or other health issues
- Are just beginning a writing journey or already write and want to do so as part of a friendly group
NB – You do not have to have any prior writing experience to take this course.
We will meet for 6 weeks every Tuesday evening from 7pm to 9pm from Tuesday 21st Feb to Tuesday 28th March at Southgate Arch. Please let us know, in advance, if you have any challenges with climbing steps.
To sign up, please email Emma at email@example.com. Sign up by 14th February.